Marketing Strategies cares deeply about the privacy of its users and we are fully committed to protecting your personal information and to its proper use, in compliance with data privacy laws. This policy describes how we may collect and use personal information and the rights and options available to our visitors and users with respect to such information.
We strongly recommend that you read this policy and make sure you understand and agree to it, before accessing or using any of our services.
- Read this carefully:
1.2 Visitor and user information
We collect two types of information about our Visitors and Users:
- Unidentified and non-identifiable information relating to an unidentified Visitor or User, which may be made available to us or collected automatically through your use of the Services (“Non-Personal Information”) Such Non-Personal Information does not allow us to identify the Visitor or User from whom it was collected.
Non-Personal Information collected by us consists primarily of technical and aggregate usage information, such as Visitors’ and Users’ browsing and click-stream activity, heatmaps and page scrolling, non-identifying information about the visitor’s or user’s device, operating system, Internet browser, screen resolution, language and keyboard settings, Internet provider, referral/exit pages, date and time stamps, etc.
- Personally Identifiable Information, that is, information that identifies an individual or that with reasonable effort can lead to the identification of an individual or can be of a private or sensitive nature (“Personal Information”).
The Personal Information collected by us consists primarily of contact data (e.g., email address or phone number), billing data (name, physical billing address, payment method and transaction details), which is only collected from Users with Payment Services, information about a browsing session or usage (IP address, geo-location or unique device identifier), details concerning connected third party accounts (such as the email or username of a connected PayPal, Google or Facebook account), scanned identification documents provided to us (such as an ID card, driver’s license, passport or official business registration document), correspondence (including correspondence entered into through or uploaded to our services) and any other Personal Information provided to us by Visitors or Users through their access to or use of the Services. For the avoidance of doubt, any Non-Personal Information that is connected or linked to Personal Information (for example, to improve the Services we offer) is considered and treated as Personal Information, provided that such connection or link exists.
- User information about your users
We may also collect similar information relating to visitors and users of our Users’ Websites or Services (“Users of your Users”), solely by and on behalf of our Users.
- Main methods we use
- We collect information through your use of the Services. When you visit or use our services, including when you browse the Website or a User’s Website, register a User Account, edit your User Website and upload information and content or download and use any Marketing Strategies or Mobile Application, we are aware of this and may collect, compile and record such uses, sessions and related information, either independently or with the help of third party services.
- We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us. For example, we collect the Personal Information you provide to us when you register for our Services; when you sign into our Services through third party services such as Facebook or Google; when you make purchases or register domain names; when you submit or upload such Personal Information when using any of our Services; or when you communicate with us directly through any channel of communication (e.g., Marketing Strategies requests or emails.
- Why do we collect such information?
We collect such Personal and Non-Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To supply and operate the Services;
- To further develop, personalize and improve our Services, based on the common or personal preferences, experiences and difficulties of Visitors and Users;
- So that our Users enjoy permanent customer assistance and technical support;
- To contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalized notifications and promotional messages related to the service.
- To facilitate, sponsor and offer certain contests, events and promotions, determine participant eligibility, monitor performance, contact winners and award prizes and benefits;
- To create consolidated statistical data and other consolidated or inferred Non-Personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
- To improve data security and fraud prevention capabilities;
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
We will only use your Personal Information for the purposes set out below:
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (for example, to provide you with a website builder, to provide you with our customer assistance and technical support) or,
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal obligation or regulation that we have, or relevant legislation to which we are subject, or
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to satisfy the legitimate interests we have as a business (for example, to maintain and improve our Services by identifying user trends and the effectiveness of Marketing Strategies campaigns and identifying technical issues), provided that it is done at all times in a manner that is proportionate and that respects your privacy rights.
Children under 18 years of age are not allowed to use our services. No one under 18 years of age may provide us with Personal Information through any of our services. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from people under the age of 18. Parents and guardians should supervise their children’s activities at all times.
- Where do we store your information?
Personal information of visitors, users and users of Marketing Strategies may be stored in our information centers. We may use other jurisdictions as necessary for the proper delivery of our Services and/or as required by law.
- Information from Users about their Users
Marketing Strategies may collect, store and process certain Personal and Non-Personal Information of Users of its Users (“Information of Users of its Users”), exclusively on behalf of our Users and under their direction. For example, each of our Users may import their email contacts from third party services such as Gmail, or collect and manage contacts through their User Website. Such contacts are then stored at Marketing Strategies, on behalf of the User.
For such purposes, Marketing Strategies serves and shall be deemed to be a “Data Processor” and not the “Controller” (as both terms with initial capital letters are defined in the European Data Protection Directive) of such Users of User Information. Users who control and operate such User Websites shall be deemed to be the “Controllers” of such User Information of their Users and are responsible for complying with all laws and regulations that may apply to the collection and control of such User Information from such Users, including all privacy and data protection laws of all jurisdictions concerned.
Subject to applicable law, Marketing Strategies will process User Information in accordance with the Data Processing Agreement found here.
You are responsible for the security, integrity and authorized use of your Users’ Personal Information and for obtaining the necessary consents and permissions and providing the appropriate processing notices required for the collection and use of such information.
Marketing Strategies cannot provide legal advice to Users or the Users of its Users, however it is recommended that all Users post and maintain clear and complete privacy policies on their User Websites, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, and that all Users of its Users carefully read those policies and ensure that they accept them.
If you are a visitor, user or customer of any of our Users, please read the following: Marketing Strategies does not have a direct relationship with the individual Users of its Users whose Personal Information it processes. If you are a visitor, user, or customer of any of our Users, and would like to make any request or inquiry regarding your Personal Information, please contact such User(s) directly.
1.8 Sharing personal information with third parties
Marketing Strategies may share (or allow access to) your Personal Information with third parties only in the following ways and instances:
1.8.1 Third party services:
Marketing Strategies has partnered with a number of selected service providers whose services and solutions complement, facilitate and enhance ours. These include co-location hosting and server services, communications and content delivery networks (CDNs), data security and cyber services, billing and payment processing services, domain name registrars, fraud detection and prevention services, web analytics, email distribution and monitoring services, remote session recording and access services, performance measurement services, data optimization and marketing, content providers, and our legal and financial advisors (collectively, “Third Party Services”).
Such Third Party Services may receive or otherwise have access to the Personal Information of our Visitors or Users of their Users, in whole or in part, depending on each of their particular functions and purposes to facilitate and improve our services and business, and may only use it for such purposes.
1.8.2 Law enforcement, applications and legal duties:
Where permitted by local data protection laws, Marketing Strategies may disclose or allow others to access your Personal Information in compliance with a legal request, such as a subpoena, court proceeding, search warrant or court order, or in accordance with applicable laws, if we believe in good faith that the law requires us to do so, with or without notice to you.
1.8.3 Protection of rights and security:
Marketing Strategies may share your Personal Information with others if we believe in good faith that this will help to protect the rights, property or personal safety of Marketing Strategies, any of our users, users’ users or any member of the general public, with or without notice to you.
Marketing Strategies, along with its marketing, analytics and technology partners, uses certain monitoring and tracking technologies (such as cookies, beacons, pixels, tags and scripts). These technologies are used to maintain, provide and improve our Services on an ongoing basis and to provide our Users and the Users of their Users with a better experience. For example, through these technologies, we are able to maintain and track the preferences of our Users and authenticated sessions of Website Visitors and Customers, to better secure our Service, to identify technical issues, user trends and campaign effectiveness, and to monitor and improve the overall performance of our Service.
Cookies: For some of these technologies to work properly, a small data file (“cookie”) must be downloaded and stored on your device. By default, we use various persistent cookies for the purposes of session and user authentication, security, maintaining User preferences (e.g., over language and default settings), connection stability (e.g., for loading media, using e-Commerce features, etc.), monitoring the performance of our services and marketing campaigns, and generally providing and improving our services. If you wish to remove or block cookies, please consult the help and support area of your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Information on how to delete or control cookies is also available at www.AboutCookies.org. (Please note that this website is not owned by Marketing Strategies, therefore we cannot guarantee that it is correct, complete or available). ) Please note that deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies or tracking technologies may prevent you from accessing certain areas or features of our Services, or may adversely affect your user experience.
- Data retention
We may continue to retain such Personal Information, even after deactivating your User Account or ceasing to use any of the Services, as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes about our Users or the Users of their Users, to prevent fraud and abuse, to enforce our agreements and/or to protect our legitimate interests.
We maintain a data retention policy that applies to information in our care. When your Personal Information is no longer required, we will ensure that it is securely deleted.
- How to contact us
If you are not satisfied with the Marketing Strategies Services. subject to a Service Term Commitment or Subscription Fee and which is your initial purchase of such service, you may give us notice of cancellation for any reason within fourteen (14) days of the date you have first ordered or activated such Services (the “Refund” and “Refund Period”). The Refund only applies to the initial purchase of the Services, which is an upgrade to a free website through the purchase of a Premium Plan. The Refund does not apply to additional purchases, upgrades, modifications or renewals of the Marketing Strategies Services.
If you reside in a jurisdiction that requires a longer Refund Period, we will of course be happy to accommodate such requirements, in accordance with all applicable laws. If Marketing Strategies receives such notice within the Refund Period, it will refund the amount it actually charged you for the Services, in the currency originally charged, and cancel them accordingly. Please note that the Refund amount may differ from the amount you were charged due to changes in exchange rates and third party fees. Marketing Strategies will not be responsible for any difference caused by changes in exchange rates or fees that were charged by third parties.
After the Refund Period, the Fees paid by you are non-refundable and non-cancelable. In addition, if we find that a cancellation notice has been given in bad faith or in an illegitimate attempt to avoid payment for the services actually received and enjoyed, we reserve the right to still charge the User who sent such notice for the Services actually received, to the extent permitted by law.
Please note that: Some services purchased at or through Marketing Strategies Services may not be refundable. These include Third Party Services such as domains, business tools and applications. Marketing Strategies will not refund amounts paid for non-refundable Payment Services, applications or third party services.